Digital Signage Content Management
Managing your digital signage content can be challenging, but with the state-of-the-art content management, planning and scheduling tools included in Scala Content Manager, management and control of your network is both improved and simplified - reducing the resources required to control and maintain your network. Template support, plan-based content distribution, timetables, and playlists - keep you in control of your network from wherever you are in the world, from any Internet-connected computer.
Content Manager is a server-based application that schedules and manages the transmissions of multimedia content to hundreds, even thousands of digital signage displays from any Internet-connected computer. Advertising, news, training or virtually any other visual communication can be easily distributed to Scala Players via any standard Windows-based network. Content created using Designer, Template Composer, or industry standard applications can either be routed to the intended Players automatically or per your plan.
- Extensive use of latest technology (Java, J2EE, Ajax)
- Built-in SQL Database back-end for management of content & player databases
- Direct creation of playlists in the new InfoChannel Content Manager
- Supports both passive and interactive digital signs or kiosks.
- Easy content creation from templates
- Create & plan content “channels” & assign to one or more players or group of players
- Timetable-based scheduling thru rich, browser-based graphical interface
- New powerful browser-based interface for creating & managing Playlists
- Network monitoring, including InfoChannel Player “health” status, etc
- InfoChannel Player Health and log views
- Playback Audit viewer and reporter with SQL back-end
- Central management of InfoChannel Player and optional features licenses
- Role-based user access rights
- Intelligent file transfer
- FTP or HTTP/HTTPS Transmission
- Terrestrial & Satellite (multicast) IP-based communication carriers are supported
- New 3D rendering & playback engine for improved performance and visual quality
- Auto Scale content to any resolution (independent of playlists/scripts)
- Import standard graphics and video
- Plan-based transmission scheme
- Group Players by criteria (geography, demographics, etc.)
- Expandable to satellite/IP with InfoChannel Broadcast Server
- Remote software updates
- Graphics: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, WMF, etc.
- Animation: SWF, AnimGIF
- Sound: WAV, MP3
- Video: SW MPEG 1 & 2, 4, AVI, QT3, WMV, MP4 h.264
Content Manager Modules
- Transmission Server Module
- Network Monitoring Module
- Planning Module Publish
- Content Management
- Template Composer EX Module
- Playback Audit EX Module (with Release 10 - EX not vaialable yet for Release 10)
Optional Modules Purchase Separately.
- Automation EX Module
- Broadcast Server (not yet available for relase 10)
The following illustration explain the role and relation between Scala three main products